Monday, February 28, 2011

Hello Monday!

Well, well....another BUSY week has flown by and I realize how quickly life passes as we age.  I remember when a summer day as a kid could go on for what seemed like forever, yet somehow now I find myself moving faster and faster to get things done before sunset.  Case in point: Up by 5:45 to rush and get myself and the kids ready to head back out for a day of baseball. (I wore a hat...no time to really get ready)  After 2 long baseball games, we headed back home and I hit the yard.  I worked fast and hard, until I had cuts on my fingers and a horrible blister and still didn't get it all done.  As the sun was going down, I was literally running with the wheelbarrow full of mulch trying to fill the flower beds!  I will say though that I slept great and woke up with sore muscles!  Day 2 of that same torture will begin shortly.........maybe today I can get finished!

I am happy for normal days.  Two of my boys washed the suburban and my daughter washed (and waxed) her brothers car....she did AWESOME!  Everyone is healthy today and happy.  My "B" seems to still be growing stronger in the aftermath of the mess he went through and I am thankful God has given me a BIG mouth.!  It has cursed me much of my life and still, on occasion I somehow still find it to be my nemesis but for the most part GOD has shown me how to use my voice as a gift rather than a curse.  NEVER would have imagined that.

I think that is an example of exactly how God will take what we think is wrong and make it right.  By "right" I mean just what he needs us to be.  As a younger person I was very, very insecure.  I can remember in 7th grade, I had put off giving my science project for as long as possible and it was time to present.  I literally blacked out.  The anxiety took over and I almost got sick.  Move ahead to high school and I was the funny girl.  Not on purpose but it was the only way I could speak out without feeling like I was being looked at or judged by my peers...it was a way to fit in.  Inside though, I never felt like I just fit in.  This was probably how many or most teens feel at that age but honestly, I thought it was only me.  Flash forward to today....I speak with purpose, for a living!  What an amazing turn of events in my life that God would allow me to stand and share with others so that they might learn, be motivated, encouraged, inspired by my words.  Sometimes this STILL leaves me speechless....okay not really, but I am still amazed! (and so thankful)

Having the courage to recall and embrace my own "stuff" has allowed my to me to be a better mother.  To see things that my children need from me and to find ways to help them through their "stuff".  I hope in years to come, "B" will be able to look back on this time and see it as a source of strength for him.  See it as something God allowed him to go through in order to build him up for the gifts he has for his life.  I look forward to living out those days as a proud momma for "B" and my other four children.  These challenges shall not stop us from seeing that God is our blanket of protection.  He will not put you in a place that he cannot deliver you from.  AND... I stand firm in the belief that as you are delivered from your messes in life, you are stronger and more beautiful that ever.  I have posted another song that clouds my vision with tears of joy.   Click to listen!

Have a blessing filled day, look for the ways God has used your mess to make you stronger and thank him today.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Amy. God has indeed brought life and beauty from the messes of our lives. He loves His children...and I love you! God has soothed your heart and healed your wounds. He answered my prayers.

    ReplyDelete