Friday, February 18, 2011

SONG Posted..........Listen!

Today I posted one of the songs that makes me very emotional.  It really speaks to me about lots of things in life but hits home with my son.  He seems to be on an upswing here lately which has been a blessing and I'm certain is the result of all the prayer that has covered him.  I am thankful to all that are checking out this blog page and just ask you to pass the link along to anyone that might care to hear our story.  As much healing that this will surely bring about for me, my goal is to give a CLEAR, honest picture of the depth this type of abuse has in the life of the victim and also the ones that love them.  Thank you for opening your heart and soaking some of this in. -

Listening to the words of the song posted...Josh Wilson, Before the Morning, I am reminded of how the good comes.  The bad happens, but walking in faith makes us stronger, wiser, and sometimes GIFTED to do good for others....as God restores the good places in us.  My son confided in me on two occasions during the heat of this ordeal, that he had actually thought of killing himself.  He said he only thought of it for a brief moment and could never do it but he knew that was one way it could just STOP.  It breaks my heart to know that with all the love and support around him, he still had moments of complete hopelessness that he didn't know how to break free from.  Now, in the weeks after all of this, I think of all the children that don't have the support of their family and friends.  Suicide as a result of bullying is a REAL and serious risk for today's children.  I pray that somehow, the level of candid truth in our story....my son's struggle, will help someone, in some way.  That is my prayer for today -   Please CLICK on the YouTube link at the top and listen to the song posted.  Have a GREAT day!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE that song...first time I heard it was a few months before I got pregnant with Quinn. I even wrote the lyrics in a spiral I keep with Bible verses. "the pain that you've been feeling is just the dark before the morning"....now that I have Q I have seen the morning! God is so good. I love you guys & pray for you & sweet B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sada - love hearing what this song means to you....it has really just been a song that has spoken to me over time in diff ways but since all of this, makes me think of "B". - love you guys

    ReplyDelete